CPT Global is a highly specialised IT consultancy providing transformation, quality assurance and cost optimisation solutions to large enterprises. We help our clients transform their business, operate their IT services more efficiently and deliver IT changes faster and more effectively.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a Melbourne-based transformation project within our Delivery Assurance practice. With a focus on Continuous Integration, this hands-on role will see you building and setting up new CI systems and integration for testing and pre-production services.
Based in Docklands this is a 6-month contract role initially with potential to extend to 18-24 months for the right person.
We are looking for candidates who bring the following to the table:
- A development background (Java, C/C++, etc)
- Broad technical background across the technology stack (Network, VMs, OS, Containers, DB, Web, etc.)
- Familiar with Testing concepts such as Unit, Functional and Non-Functional Testing
- Group collaboration approach to solving problems
- Open knowledge sharing mindset, able to advise product/project teams on the principles of CD and DevOps
- Ability to break down deeply ingrained status-quo culture to drive outcomes in a complex enterprise environment.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills to help the team progress.
As the project will cover multiple areas, the technical stack is varied and will cover:
- Experience with modern CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Artifactory) or similar
- Jenkins - Pipeline / Groovy
- Unix shell scripting, PowerShell, Python
- Git workflows
- WebSphere, IHS, Tomcat
- Selenium, JUnit
- Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Unix / Windows administration and automation
- Experience using collaboration tools (Confluence, JIRA, #Slack)
- Understand Continuous Delivery concepts
- Design and continuously improve the tools and processes that automate code release and testing
- Understanding of Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation)