The purpose of this role is to support the Chief Actuary in providing actuarial advice to the business e.g. Distribution, Products, Finance. The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing support for the delivery of the year-end valuation of policy liabilities (life company) and insurance liabilities (general company), monthly capital reporting, preparation of budget and ICAAP forecasts, and the actuarial evaluation of pricing / product changes.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Completion of Parts I and II of the actuarial exams
- Progressing with Part III of the actuarial exams, with the aim of qualifying as a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIAA) or equivalent
- Actuarial knowledge and training specialising in Life Insurance or General Insurance
- Actuarial modeling, highly developed analytical, numerical and communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues
- High degree of competency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to work both alone and in a team
- Preparedness to provide creative practical solutions to business problems
- Experience with Prophet, Microsoft Access and VBA
- Experience in drafting statutory and Board advice
- Broad understanding of Australian insurance marketplace and regulatory environment
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.