Apply for this position on Nvoi
Current opportunitites with Bank of Queensland
Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Business Analyst
- Brisbane based role
An opportunity has arisen for an Agile Business Analyst to join us. In a centralised model you will be required to work on key initiatives in the business, working on varied projects as required by the business. You will assist the business stakeholders identify business needs and customer outcomes. This is achieved by understanding where the business is today (the current state), where they wish to go (the future state) before determining the gaps that identify the end to end business requirements.
Your role encompasses 4 areas; Ideate, Initiate, Delivery & Deploy and Embed. Key tasks include:
- Determine the correct agile tools to be used for business analysis on the project or initiative.
- Define a clear understanding of the problem or business opportunity by further investigation of th Lean Business Canvas
- Review and validate work done as part of the Ideate stage
- Complete story mapping for the initiative/project into features, epics and stories
- Participate in iteration zero activities
- Participate in user story sprint planning and estimation
- Provide support to project team as required
- Liaise with downstream delivery teams i.e. technology, organisational change, testing and Learning & Development to ensure the user stories are understood
We'd love to hear form you if you have the following:
- Proven experience in Business Analysis and Agile project experience
- Process modelling and business writing experience
- Ability to work with both Agile and Waterfall approaches
- Digital & Mobile experience is advantageous
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to plan, organise and manage own time
- Outcome oriented
- Strong communication skills & analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of Agile
- Teamwork / relationship building skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Exposure to different project management, systems development & business process improvement approaches
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
BOQ culture and benefits:
We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.