Apply for this position on Nvoi
Current opportunitites with Bank of Queensland
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel to join the team on a 12 month maternity leave contract. In this role, you will be an integral part of the Corporate & Commercial Legal team servicing multiple business units across the Bank.
As the Legal Counsel you will be responsible for all of the legal needs including:
- Providing foresight and protection for the company against legal risks
- Analysing proposed and established legislation, prepares legal documents, and reviews company policies
- Advising management on legal matters and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws
- Reviewing cases related to legal, corporate and regulatory matters and provides advice in a variety of policies, practices, procedures and trends
- Drafting agreements and negotiates with clients and service providers.
- Drafting legal and corporate policies and procedures
- Liaising with outside counsel
- Identifying gaps in process and procedures and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- You will also assist with other matters for the BOQ Group when required.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least 5 years PQE, from private practice or Inhouse
- Strong commercial and corporate legal skillset
- Banking and Finance experience (asset financing experience in particular will be looked on favourably)
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Proven experience in contract negotiation and drafting
- Good communication skills
- Ability to engage in a complex stakeholder environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships;
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.