This position is for a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
The position requires a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is imperative.
- Frontend cutup and backend implementation of WordPress and other website features and functionality.
- Working with the user experience team and user interface designer to establish the website architecture and to build a Blueprint strategy for development.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin. (please note: this is a development position and requires no user interface design skills).
Highly experienced in:
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience developing responsive design websites.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git and SVN).
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Technical troubleshooting, researching technical issues to find the correction solution to a project.
- WordPress plugin development.
- Reading strategy documents and interpreting into the correct outcomes for the project.
- Completing tasks on time and on budget.
- Being directed by the Technical Director and other senior staff.
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with others.
- Quality assurance of own work and others work where appropriate.
The position will also need to:
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Document work.
- Be a self starter, able to work to deadlines and manage their own task load.
- Have strong written and spoken English.
Highly desirable but not mandatory: