The role of Associate Tech Support Engineer is to ensure excellent computer operation so that our internal customers can accomplish business tasks. Within this fast-paced environment, you will need to receive, prioritise, document and actively resolve customer requests whilst striving to deliver the highest level of customer service. Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provides in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Provide first level diagnosis of incidents and service requests.
- Prompt escalation of incidents to second level support.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and housekeeping of workstations, printers and peripherals.
- To ensure the on-going operational efficiency of all aspects of IR’s IT systems.
- To install and configure hardware and software solutions.
- To maintain network and PC operating systems, and to support servers.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Certificate III in Systems or Network Engineering
- Experience with Networks or Servers
- Building desktops & laptops
- Ability to plan software & hardware installation
- Rebuilding desktops & laptops