Apply for this position on Nvoi
Current opportunitites with Argus TrueID
We are looking for a Software Tester to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
As a Software Tester, you are involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues.
Your role is integral to the creation of software systems and technical products.
Ultimately the Software Tester is employed to find bugs and issues within a product before it gets deployed to everyday users. You might work on bespoke, individual projects or multinational projects spanning the globe and costing millions of dollars. You will need to be, or become, familiar with programming and using coding languages.
The Software Tester's role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. You will also be responsible to support the company transitioning to Agile by setting continuous improvement environment up.
Your role will vary depending on project requirements. You will join a project at the initial implementation stages, where setting the right environment and performing deep testing are key requirements.
As a small organisation in Australia, you will be part of our central team working on multiple projects.
Your work activities are likely to include:
- Analysing business requirements and review design documents to identify testing needs and approach
- Preparing testing approach/plan and related testing activities
- Formulating test plan to fulfill both functional and non-functional testing requirements
- Monitoring, driving and reporting testing progress through test metrics; keep project stakeholders informed of test progress, issues and risks
- Participate in agile workshop to generate testing approach and perform risk assessment with team
- working with software developers and project support teams
- stress testing
- performance testing
- functional testing
- scalability testing
- writing and executing test scripts