Apply for this position on Nvoi
Current opportunitites with Specsavers Optical Group
Specsavers arrival in Australia and New Zealand has been one of the most exciting retail success stories. We are a multi award winning retail organisation with achievements in innovation and have been recognised as an Employer of Choice.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Level 2 Application Support Analyst to join our team in Port Melbourne on a full time 15 month contract.
This vital role will be responsible for providing professional IT support, technical diagnosis and fault resolution for all Specsavers Stores in Australia and New Zealand and support the Specsavers support office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Handling escalated issues which could not be resolved at first point of contact.
- Ensuring system alerts are dealt with promptly and effectively to minimise system downtime and potential issues
- Diagnosing and resolving a wide range of issues reported by stores
- Manage complex incidents through to resolution, providing a high level of service in difficult or complex circumstances.
- Providing fix and workaround solutions for IT Support staff to keep users and IT services operational.
- Building of an internal and external knowledge base.
- Analysing incident trends and identifying ways to prevent future issues
- Providing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for IT Support staff.
The Level 2 Application Support will report to the Level 2 Service Desk Manager and will possess the following skills:
- Previous experience working in an IT Application Support role supporting a mid-size organisation
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS SQL/MySQL/Oracle experience
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Significant experience using large databases
- Experience supporting a Linux environment
- General software troubleshooting
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of key ITIL processes (Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Change Management, Problem Management)
We support creative minds and recognise hard work. We value our people and not only offer competitive reward and benefits but also on-going training and development. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application today!