The Senior Network/Security Engineer is responsible for the maintaining and running the day to day operations of Interactive’s internal network & security platforms. This includes but is not limited to an MPLS WAN, Internal enterprise network, SDN/SD WAN overlay and cloud connectivity. Security includes Force Point, Qradar, and Fortinet platforms.
- Maintenance of an Internet Gateway, firewall infrastructure deployment, network switching configuration, Netscaler appliances and wireless LAN implementation;
- Maintain networking environment in line with Interactive’s operational standards;
- Implement networking best practices according to IT operational procedures;
- Work with the Infrastructure Architect to develop a roadmap and moving plans towards a target architecture to ensure platform currency is fit for purpose;
- Development and maintain build standards, procedures and operational documentation;
- Work with the Cyber Security team to ensure technical policies are reviewed and maintained on a regular basis;
- Changes to configuration of devices and servers, including the tuning of false positives, are undertaken in accordance with change control, release and configuration management guidance;
- Monitor network data streams and event log data to ensure that Intrusion attempts are detected, investigated and prevented;
- Monitor network data streams and event log data to ensure that operations are optimised and maintained and identify improvements;
- Perform Vulnerability Management to ensure that all vulnerabilities to the network are identified and treated in accordance with set guidelines;
Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Be across the emerging threat landscape and vendor technology countermeasures.
- Extensive experience in implementation and operational based networking technology from vendors, such as Cisco, Fortinet, Sophos, & Citrix Netscalers;
- Knowledge of SD-WAN (VeloCloud) Technologies
- Senior level IP/MPLS networking experience in an enterprise networking environment;
- Strong technical capabilities to be able to navigate through complex network and security environments and policy criteria.
- Strong next generation firewall design experience including advanced threat protection and SIEM integration.
- Strong 802.11 and 802.1x experience.
- Strong operational experience in line with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL);
- Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation, preparedness to accept responsibility, and the ability to facilitate the development of innovative solutions to problems
- Must have industry certification, either CISSP, CCNP, CCNA, SANS or other similar;
It is crucial that you possess the ability to communicate with all levels of the business. You must also have a strong technical background and prior experience working with a similar role focusing on networking and security. Organisation is key as the nature of the business is fast paced and dynamic.
If you believe you have the technical capability, strong customer philosophy and are wanting to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.