Apply for this position on Nvoi
Current opportunitites with THE ICONIC
About the Team
The Finance team is a trusted business partner to all teams at THE ICONIC, they support the business in managing financial performance, formulating business strategy and executing growth and cost saving initiatives.
Within the Global Fashion Group, THE ICONIC finance team is highly respected and recognised as experts in the Industry. The Finance team is a high performing team of 17.
You have 3-5 years' experience in a chartered accounting firm or high-growth environment.
This has enabled you to develop a strong base of technical accounting skills through working with retail or high transactional volume finance roles in a fast paced and disruptive industry
- You remain composed in high-intensity and pressure situations
- You back yourself and have the confidence to lead any situation. You are not afraid to challenge the status-quo.
- You can handle doing 10 jobs at once.
- In another life you would make a perfect goalkeeper. Your attention to detail is so strong nothing gets past you. You would then retire and live the life of a detective, your need to investigate everything!
- You are curious; you love learning and discovering for the sake of it.
- You appreciate excellence; skilled performance in various domains of life excite and motivate you, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.
- Ability to produce meaningful and insightful financial analysis to guide business decision making and influence others at a senior management and executive level
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to problem solve from multiple angles
- You are highly socially intelligent; you are self-aware and conscious of the motives/feelings of others; you know how to fit into different social situations; you know what makes other people tick.
- Part or fully qualified (CA/CPA preferred).
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skill is essential
- ERP experience (Microsoft Navision) is preferred
A day in the life of an accountant at The Iconic:
- Cash rules everything around me... You optimise working capital through your thorough understanding of the business as represented on our balance sheet. You are working with the components of the supply chain to ensure purchase to pay is aligned with our cash needs you don't rest until you are happy with all elements of the process.
- Accounting like you were born to! Including creditors, revenue streams and other general ledger accounts.
- You develop, document and implement standard operating procedures that reflect best practice. This in turn leads to alignment with accounting policies and an enhanced internal control framework. See a cute furry puppy roaming around the office. Play with it whilst chatting to its owner and learning about their department.
- You notice an improvement you can make in a business process, be it logistics, fulfilment, or supply chain operations. Deal directly with the stakeholder to get things done.
- You are identifying, plugging and documenting all gaps within critical business processes to allow speedy business decisions to be made.
- Through conversation find out about a new and exciting project in the business. Run back to your desk and make sure we have adequate insurance. Use this as an opportunity to look at all of our policies and make sure we are up to date and covered from a risk perspective to protect our interests.
- End the day debriefing with the Financial Reporting Manager and Financial Controller over a game of table tennis, PS4, or simply sitting on one of the couches enjoying the stunning water views of Sydney Harbour.