At Nvoi, we are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information you have provided to us. This Privacy Statement sets out our policy on collecting and handling your personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to Nvoi Australia Pty Ltd ABN 59 167 434 326 (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Nvoi”) and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) and the use of our online services found at www.meetnvoi.com (the “platform”).
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information you have provided to us, and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles, established under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth). This Privacy Statement sets out our policy on collecting and handling your personal information. "Personal information" is information or an opinion, recorded in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
If you would like to know more about the way we manage the personal information held, contact us at email@example.com.
- When will we collect personal information from you?
We may collect personal information (“information”) from you in the following circumstances:
- When you request a product or service. The type of product or service requested by you will determine the types of information about you that we will collect. The information may be supplied directly by you to us;
- When you complete our registration process on the platform, as either an organisation seeking persons to undertake an assignment (“hiring manager”), or as a person seeking an assignment with a hiring manager (“skilled worker”); and
- when you apply for a role with us (“internal staff”). If you apply for a role with us we will collect information as part of our normal processes; and if you are successful in your application for a role, during the course of your employment in that role we may be required to collect further information as a consequence of a regulatory requirement.
The above list is not exhaustive as there may be other situations or circumstances in which we may collect information from you. We will not collect any information from you except when you have knowingly provided information to us or you have authorised a third party to provide information to us.
- Types of information we may collect from you
- Information collected will generally be records of information that identifies you and authenticates you to us, or confirms you are a potential, hiring manager, skilled worker or internal staff. Such information includes, but is not limited to, your company name and address or any other information that may be required for payment, billing or identification purposes, and is provided by you or people nominated by you. If you do not provide us with the information asked for, we may not be able to provide the service you have requested, engage you to complete an assignment, or employ you to work for us.
- Use of your information
- We will not use information about you other than for a purpose made known to you in the terms of service documents (“documents”), for a purpose you would reasonably expect, for a purpose required, authorised or permitted by law, or for a purpose otherwise authorised by you. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- verification of your identity in order to provide the services you have requested or to engage you to complete an assignment for a hiring manager;
- verification of your work history;
- verification of your qualifications;
- administration of those products and services;
- compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- providing you with information about Nvoi's services; and
- reporting your information to regulatory authorities as required under employment and taxation laws.
The documents are available on the platform, and comprise the following:
- user agreements when using the platform;
- hiring manager agreements when commencing an active engagement;
- employment agreements when accepting to perform services for a hiring manager; and
- assignment confirmations.
- Disclosure of your information
- By your registration on the platform, accepting the user agreement and you uploading information on to the platform, you irrevocably consent to Nvoi transferring your information to the following classes of persons from time to time within or outside of Australia (including, but not limited to):
- a related body corporate of Nvoi (as defined by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth));
- companies or third party service providers Nvoi engages to perform the functions listed above on Nvoi's behalf;
- other parties involved in a dispute, litigation, investigation, proceedings or enquiry to which you are also involved in; or
- courts, regulators, governmental bodies, tax authorities or other industry recognised bodies located within or outside of Australia as required by any applicable law, rules and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines of any applicable jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority in or outside Australia.
- Generally, we may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- where we have contracted an external organisation to provide us with support services. These service providers may be within or outside Australia and such services may include, but are not limited to, processing applications or orders, processing payroll, billing hiring managers, debt collection, insurance, information technology and records management services;
- to comply with our legal obligations (we notify you any time we are required to produce information in this way unless we are prohibited by court order or law); and
- where we suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature relating to our functions or activities has been, is being, or may be engaged in and the disclosure of information is a necessary for us to take appropriate action in relation to the matter.
- We may disclose your information only with your consent in the following circumstances:
- to service providers such as work history reporting agencies in order to conduct compliance verification checks including the right of a skilled worker to lawfully live and work in Australia; and
- to anyone else you authorise us to disclose information to, from time to time.
- Only information about you pertinent to the supply of our products or services is provided and strict confidentiality requirements will be adhered to. Further, we take our obligation to protect your information seriously and only deal with ethical suppliers and business partners who demonstrate similar beliefs and meet their legal obligations.
- We will not sell, or otherwise use or disclose, to a third party any information provided by you to us for our products and services to be provided to you, nor any content uploaded to the platform by you during your use of our services.
- Quality of the information
- Before we use or disclose your information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete, relevant, up-to-date, and is not misleading.
- If you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, contact us immediately and we will endeavour to either correct the information in our systems, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
- Storage and security of information, content, video
- Nvoi is committed to keeping secure the information you have provided to us. For example, your information is stored in secure premises and systems, and access to those premises and systems is strictly controlled. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from interference, loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use modern security methods including data encryption to safeguard the information. We will not keep this information for longer than necessary.
- You may upload to our site information about yourself as a skilled worker or as a hiring manager to promote your professional profile or an assignment (“content”). Content remains within your control. You may remove content at any time. When you cease to be registered with Nvoi we will remove content and retain no record of it.
- You may participate in a recorded video interview between a hiring manager and skilled worker (“video”). Our user agreements prohibit hiring managers and skilled workers from copying such video. No later than the commencement date of any assignment with a hiring manager or 14 days after a video is recorded (whichever is the earlier), Nvoi will remove and make irretrievable such video unless required to retain that video by law.
- Access to your information
- You have the right to access the information we hold about you. If you wish to access your information then you can contact us to make such a request (refer to ‘Contacting us’ above). We will have to verify your identity prior to meeting your request, which we will process within a reasonable time.
- In the event that we refuse you access to your information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal.
- How a privacy complaint may be made
- If you wish to complain about any potential breach of this Privacy Statement, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about the way we handle your personal information.
The Commissioner can be contacted at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Changes to this statement
- We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time and for any reason including, but not limited to, the introduction of new legislation. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated regularly through the platform.
- Links to other sites
- Our website may contain links to other websites whose operators may or may not adhere to a Privacy Statement or be governed by Australian or other privacy laws.
- We use cookie information to track usage patterns and provide us with statistics to analyse and improve our website. Such information can be the number of users who visit our site, the date and time of visits, the number and type of pages viewed and navigation patterns.
- Our website may also use the re-marketing feature in Google AdWords to reach out to people who previously visited our website. Re-marketing involves classifying users according to how they use our website and creating an audience segment for Google to show our targeted ads on sites across the Internet. It is important to note, re-marketing targets audience and not the individual user.
- For more information on cookies you should search or lookup ‘cookies’ in your operating system documentation. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use some features or pages of our website.
- Opting out of marketing, promotions or related activities
- You may be contacted by mail, telephone or email to be notified of related products, promotions, newsletters, customer surveys and similar materials that we may conduct or distribute from time to time. If you do not wish to receive any such communications, you may click on the ‘unsubscribe’ facility located at the bottom of each email or advise us that you wish to opt out: by sending us an email to email@example.com.