NVOI – PRIVACY STATEMENT
Updated Jul 11, 2016
At Nvoi, we are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information you have provided to us. The Privacy Statement sets out our policy on collecting and handling your personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to Nvoi Australia Pty Ltd ABN 59 167 434 326 and Nvoi Payroll Services Pty Ltd ABN 15 169 565 271 and their related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) and the use of our online services (“Platform”). In this Privacy Statement, “Nvoi”, “we”, “us” means Nvoi Australia Pty Ltd and Payroll Services Pty Ltd either jointly or individually, as the context requires.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information you have provided to us, and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP’s”), established under the Privacy Act 1998(Cth) (the “Act”). The Privacy Statement sets out our policy on collecting and handling your personal information. "Personal information" is information or an opinion, recorded in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The publication date of this Privacy Statement is 10 November 2016.
If you would like to know more about the way we manage the personal information held, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will we collect personal information from you?
We may collect personal information (“Information”) from you in the following circumstances:
- When you request a product or service. The type of product or service requested by you will determine the types of Information about you that we will collect. The Information may be supplied directly by you to us;
- When you complete our registration process on the Platform, as either an organisation seeking persons to undertake a Project (“Client”), as a person seeking an Project with a Client (“Nvoi Talent”), or as an Nvoi Talent engaged by us to commence an Project for a Client (“Active Talent”);
- when you apply for a role with us (“Internal Staff”). If you apply for a role with us we will collect Information as part of the recruitment process; and
- If you are successful in your application for a role with us, during the course of your employment in that role;
- We may be required to collect Information as a consequence of a regulatory requirement.
The above list is not exhaustive as there may be other situations or circumstances in which we may collect Information from you. We will not collect any Information from you except when you have knowingly provided Information to us or you have authorised a third party to provide Information to us.
- Types of Information we may collect from you
Information collected will generally be records of information that identifies you and authenticates you to us, or confirms you are a potential Internal Staff, Client, Nvoi Talent or Active Talent. Such Information includes, but is not limited to, your company name and address or any other information that may be required for payment, billing or identification purposes, and is provided by you or people nominated by you. If you do not provide us with the Information asked for, we may not be able to provide the product or service you have requested, engage you to complete an Project as an Active Talent, or employ you to work for us as Internal Staff.
- Use of your Information
We will not use Information about you other than for a purpose made known to you in the terms of service documents (“Documents”), for a purpose you would reasonably expect, for a purpose required, authorised or permitted by law, or for a purpose otherwise authorised by you. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Verification of your identity in order to provide the products or services you have requested or to engage you to complete a Project for a Client,
- Verification of your work history;
- Verification of your qualifications;
- Administration of those products and services;
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Providing you with information about Nvoi's products and services; and
- Reporting your Information to regulatory authorities as required under employment and taxation laws.
The Documents are available on the Platform, and comprise of the following:
- Platform Agreement for Marketplace Services;
- Client Agreement;
- Employment Agreement; and
- Project Confirmation.
- Disclosure of your Information
By your registration on the Platform, you accepting the Platform Agreement and you uploading Information on to the Platform, you irrevocably consent to Nvoi transferring your Information to the following classes of persons from time to time within or outside of Australia (including, but not limited to):
- A related body corporate of Nvoi as defined by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- Companies or third party service providers Nvoi engages to perform the functions listed above on Nvoi's behalf;
- Other parties involved in a dispute, litigation, investigation, proceedings or enquiry to which you are also involved in; or
- Courts, regulators, governmental bodies, tax authorities or other industry recognised bodies located within or outside of Australia as required by any applicable law, rules and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines of any applicable jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority in or outside Australia.
Generally, we may disclose your Information in the following circumstances:
- Where we have contracted an external organisation to provide us with support services. These service providers may be within or outside Australia and such services may include, but are not limited to, processing applications or orders, processing payroll, billing Clients, debt collection, insurance, information technology and records management services;
- To comply with our legal obligations (we notify you any time we are required to produce information in this way unless we are prohibited by court order or law); and
- Where we suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature relating to our functions or activities has been, is being, or may be engaged in and the disclosure of Information is a necessary for us to take appropriate action in relation to the matter.
We may disclose your Information only with your consent in the following circumstances:
- To service providers such as work history reporting agencies in order to conduct compliance verification checks including the right of an Nvoi Talent to lawfully live and work in Australia; and
- To anyone else you authorise us to disclose Information to, from time to time.
Only Information about you pertinent to the supply of our products or services is provided and strict confidentiality requirements will be adhered to. Further, we take our obligation to protect your Information seriously and only deal with ethical suppliers and business partners who demonstrate similar beliefs and meet their legal obligations.
We will not sell, or otherwise use or disclose, to a third party any Information provided by you to us for our products and services to be provided to you, nor any content uploaded to the Platform by you during your use of our services.
- Quality of the Information
- Before we use or disclose your Information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information is accurate, complete, relevant, up-to-date, and is not misleading.
- If you believe the Information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, contact us immediately and we will endeavour to either correct the Information in our systems, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
- Storage and security of Information, Content, Video
- Nvoi is committed to keeping secure the Information you have provided to us. For example, your Information is stored in secure premises and access to these premises is strictly controlled. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your Information from interference, loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use modern security methods including data encryption to safeguard the Information. We will not keep this Information for longer than necessary.
- You may upload to our site information about yourself as an Nvoi Talent or as a Client to promote your professional profile or a Project (“Content”). Content remains within your control. You may remove Content at any time, when you cease to be registered with Nvoi we will remove Content and retain no record of it.
- You may participate in a recorded video interview between a Client and an Nvoi Talent (“Video”). Our Platform Agreement prohibits Clients and an Nvoi Talent from copying such Video. No later than the commencement date of any Project with a Client or 14 days after a Video is recorded (whichever is the earlier), Nvoi will remove and make irretrievable such Video unless required to retain that Video by law.
- Access to your Information
- You have the right to access the Information we hold about you. If you find that the Information we hold is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, contact us immediately and we will correct it upon your request.
- If you wish to access your Information then you can contact us to make such a request (refer to ‘Contacting us’ above). We will have to verify your identity prior to meeting your request, which we will process within a reasonable time.
- In the event that we refuse you access to your Information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal.
- How a privacy complaint may be made
If you wish to complain about any potential breach of this Privacy Statement, you should contact us (refer to ‘Contacting us’ above).
Under the Privacy Act you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about the way we handle your personal information.
The Commissioner can be contacted at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Changes to this statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time and for any reason including, but not limited to, the introduction of new legislation. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated regularly through the Platform.
- Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to other websites whose operators may or may not adhere to a Privacy Statement or be governed by Australian or other privacy laws.
- We use cookie information to track usage patterns and provide us with statistics to analyse and improve our website. Such information can be the number of users who visit our site, the date and time of visits, the number and type of pages viewed and navigation patterns.
- Our website may also use the re-marketing feature in Google AdWords to reach out to people who previously visited our website. Re-marketing involves classifying users according to how they use our website and creating an audience segment for Google to show our targeted ads on sites across the Internet. It is important to note, re-marketing targets audience and not the individual user.
- For more information on cookies you should search or lookup ‘Cookies’ in your Operating System Documentation. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use some features or pages of our website.
- Opting out of marketing, promotions or related activities
You may be contacted by mail, telephone or email to be notified of related products, promotions, newsletters, customer surveys and similar materials that we may conduct or distribute from time to time. If you do not wish to receive any such communications, you may click on the ‘unsubscribe’ facility located at the bottom of each email or advise us that you wish to opt out: by sending us an email email@example.com